Saturday, January 8, 2011

The best thing ever?

So when I cook I loosely follow recipes. I just throw in whatever sounds and smell good. A few weeks ago Alex wanted chili, yet insisted it have macaroni noodles in it. Yeah, I do not understand the macaroni noodles, if you do noodles with chili you go for the Cincinnati chili route, but that's what he wanted so that's what I did. Jeremy and Amanda came over and brought fritos to add to it. And it turned out ok.  So today I decided I wanted a challenge and to try it again. So I made the rest of the macaroni noodles, put 4 cans of tomato paste, 4 cans of water, chili seasoning and Alex threw in some spices (I was chopping onions and missed the spices) in the big pot. I decided this time to add corn and tomato chucks with chopped onions and fresh garlic.  After I put it in bowls I added cheese to the top. It turned out better today (although the fritos were missed).  I think next time I may try to quirk it some more, but it's pretty good. I do feel like I should go chew about 30 tums so I can live through this weekend, but it was worth it.
I took a picture so here it is:




The coloring looks a bit off thanks to my awesome hot pink bowl and the sunlight.

On a side note, it looks like I'm going to go be an old lady and play bingo tonight. So wish me luck that I might actually win some money. We need it.

Well off to finish watching the Pitt-UK bowl game. UK is getting stomped, probably because I chose to be nice and show spirit and wear a UK tank/was too lazy to find any other tank to wear. Go Cats.

No comments: